And a Happy Birthday to Tim's mom! We wish we were there to celebrate. I hope everyone is having a fun summer so far!
Monday, June 16, 2008
What We've Been Up To
We've been up to nothing much! I took Kyle to the dr. to see if there was anything wrong with him and that's why he wasn't sleeping, but he's perfectly healthy! Anyone know a pediatrician in Provo that will actually tell you what to do? Every dr. I've seen has no advice, just words like, "Well it's up to you, some babies do this, some don't" and "He'll have the same amount of brain cells whether you let him cry it out or not, so it's your choice." Blah. So much for help. So I've moved Kyle into the second room, which seems to have helped a little. Unfortunately this also means I can't scrapbook on the computer during naps (my outlet), so we're going to relocate the computer. We've also been waiting for it to warm up enough outside to use this:
I'm willing to sacrifice and not wait until the pool water is bathtub warm, but it needs to be warm enough for Kyle. So while we've been waiting, Kyle's played with Elmo a lot. Currently his favorite part of the toy is the tag!

On Saturday I was texting Tim at work when Kyle suddenly rolled from his back to his stomach for the first time. Now he does it all the time and I love to see where he ends up after I put him on the ground. Here's a clip:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Move the computer! Isn't it exciting when they learn to roll over!?! It's a whole new world you us and them.
Way to go Kyle, I love posts with videos I just don't know how to do that yet.
as soon as i turned on the video of Kyle Catcher noticed and started laughing. he already loves kyle
yay kyle! he looks so big and so cute! sorry he's not sleeping well. my doctor is the same way about not giving advice! it drives me nuts! i'd always complain about kate eating all the time and taking 30 min naps and he'd just say, "thats perfectly normal, some babies don't need as much sleep." grrr. anyways, good luck!
I love the video! I can't believe he is already rolling over. That is so exciting but I think watching Kyle just got more difficult.
Hurray for the roll! He's such a cutie. Sorry for the lack of sleep. Can you give him some benadryl!? I hope it warms up soon for you guys!
Kyle is SO cute! He looks so big in some of these pictures. Any luck with houses yet? Do you know a date for moving out, or are you waiting to hear more about a house? I loved your comment on my last post. I feel absolutely huge, but I know that I am not even that big! I don't think my skin can stretch any more or that my bladder can take any more weight :-). We can't wait to see you guys again!! Have a good week!
Jen,
You need to see Dr. John Wynn. He was Hallie's pediatrician and was so amazing. He's got a ton of kids himself and always asked me the questions that docs don't normally ask..."Are you getting out for some one on one with your husband?"... stuff like that. He was always telling me little tricks to try when I felt like everything I was doing was not working. He's in Orem: 171 N 400 W, #C12, Orem, UT. Good luck! I LOVED him and actually my sis-in-law changed to him and love him now, too!
I think I feel the same way you do right now that not a whole lot is going on and I'm bored at home most of my day. At least you have a baby to teach tricks to like how to roll over. Now I see where the nickname grunty came from, cute video.
Kyle is just so cute! Come on, put him in that cold water, I have heard it helps babies sleep better. Didn't the doctors tell you that:)
Dang it Jen! I never got to see you or Kyle :( I feel awful. It really is hard with both my family and Eric's in Provo b/c we are left Zero time to see close friends. I'm so sorry i couldn't make it to see you on Monday. Don't hate me.
I'm coming again in July to help my fam move in to their new house and am planning to stay for awhile! So for shizzle we'll see eachother then...if you are available. But for now...miss you...love you.
Yay!!! How fun! I didn't know you had a blog! I had a great time with you and Kyle yesterday too. I have a bit of a sunburn today though...that's what I get for not wearing sunscreen I suppose =) We will have to go swimming again soon, maybe next week? That video is adorable by the way.
Honestly... no need to go to the doctor anymore. All you need is google and someone who can call in medications for ya!
You guys are such a cute family. He is getting so big!
Jenn-
Kyle is so cute! And I love your scrapbook pages. Im retarted and I can't figure out how to do them. Even though you showed me that one time. Anyway, let me know what your email is and I will send you some notes from my photo class.
Post a Comment