Sunday, June 15, 2008

Give it Up for the Dads

Happy Father's Day!
  Tim is such a great dad to Kyle. It has been really fun to watch him grow into the role of Dad. I remember the first day in the hospital he really had no clue what he was doing. Okay, more like the first week or two. This is one of my favorite stories: 
     Kyle was born on a Monday, and that Saturday I decided that since my mom was still in town it was a perfect opportunity to leave Kyle with Tim for the first time while the girls went out to lunch. He was very reluctant to stay with Kyle himself, but I told him he had to start sometime. I seriously can remember the look of fear in his eyes as I said bye and we were on the way to lunch. I reminded him it would only be an hour. Well, lunch was over and so I called Tim to check in and see how Kyle was. If things were ok, I was going to go to Target as well before coming home. I told him my plans and he (seriously) said, "Well, I think you need to come home." "Why?" I questioned, "What is Kyle doing?" "He's sleeping." Hahaha. A sleeping baby and I needed to come home? I went to Target.
      Tim is now a pro and I leave him alone with Kyle weekly. Kyle always gets excited when Tim comes home from work. On days that Tim goes in later, he often gets up with Kyle so I can have some more sleep instead of sleeping in himself. We love you!
  And now to my dad. I've been blessed to have the best dad! I was thinking about all he does between work, stake president, and being the Dad of our family and it was very apparent to me that I'll never be able to understand how busy he is and all he does for my family and those around us. I love my dad's sense of humor and his good example. Now Kyle gets to enjoy him too!

And this is an old pic of Tim's dad, Mario.
  Tim's dad pole vaulted at BYU on scholarship. He died when Tim was 6, but I am lucky and have a memory of him when he helped my dad build a basketball hoop for our old house. I'm sure Kyle already met him in heaven, but I'm excited for a big reunion! We love our dads!

10 comments:

Curtis Heyman said...

I wanna be a dad when i grow up!

Chelsea said...

That is a hilarious story about when Kyle was first born! Cute post to the dad's! :)

Jenny said...

happy fathers day tim! you are such a good dad and so helpful it sounds like! i hope you had a great day

Jeppesen Family said...

This is why you're so cool! What an uplifting post! I've said it before and I'll say t again, yours is my favorite blog to read! You should be a writer!
Dad's ARE awesome! We are so blessed that we were born to good ones, and married men who are becoming good ones!
Oh, and yes, by the way, totally wanted to be a marine biologist growing up! And I will at some point in my life live by the ocean, I promise you that! :)

jon♥kara said...

What a great post! Dads are great! That's a great pic of Tim's dad you can definitely see where he gets his tall and skinnyness from.

jon♥kara said...

I just said great like three times in a row. sorry. hehe

The Scotts said...

I love that he told you to come home. I would have gone to Target too. Cute pictures!

Nuestra Familia said...

Great dad Kyle has, Happy late father's day Tim!

EmilyCC said...

what a cute tribute! And, I can't believe how much Uncle Mario looks like Matt in that picture.

megan said...

I love all those pictures. Tim is a great dad and so are yours and Tim's dads. I remember I always liked Brother Ray