Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Losing It

 Do you ever have those days where you are just off? I feel like everything I've done today has been twice as hard and taken twice as long as it should. Let me explain. Perhaps it was this little guy's wake-up call an hour early today that was my warning of the day to come.   For one, I was late meeting my friend because I tried to fit my jogging stroller in the trunk of the Honda. After it was stuck between some car parts, I disassembled the front tire to get it out of my trunk and threw it in the back of the car next to Kyle. It took me a while to put the tire back on upon arrival. All I had to do was put this stick through both holes and screw something on, but of course it took ten minutes to figure that out. And when I left, I easily put the stroller in the trunk, tire and all.
   2. When I got home today, I discovered that the easiest way of cooking--the crock pot-- had failed me. Or I failed the crock pot. Someone forgot to tell my meatloaf it needed to stay as a loaf. I'm left with this:
Who can't cook using a crock pot?? 
   3. For some reason I continued my cooking endeavors. I decided to make cookies to bring to Tim's work. His co-workers only like to see me when I bring some in. I won't go into details about the granulated sugar on the ground. Unfortunately, my first attempt ended up here:   A cup or so of extra flour doesn't really make good cookie dough. I tried to save it, but I ended up just wasting more ingredients. I'm scared to look in my washing machine. I'm sure I accidentally threw a red and white together, seeing how my day is. Oh well. I'm looking forward to this tonight
and going to Park City tomorrow. Hopefully I've found my brain by the morning!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I understand we all have those days but I agree So You Think You Can Dance IS something to look forward to... I think it's part of how I get through the summer down here.

Gretchen said...

Poor thing! I think we've all had one of those days. I also LOVE So You Think You Can Dance. Definitely one of my favorite shows. Who's your favorite dancer? I really like Kherington...she is amazing. Have fun in Park City tomorrow! Maybe we could swim on Friday? Let me know!

Erin said...

I understand exactly what you mean! I am having one of those days today, and I can't count the number of times I have said "I'm losing it!" Hopefully tomorrow is a much better day for both of us!

derrick and erin said...

PS. We are going to make our blog private so send me your email address.

Jenny said...

if it makes you feel better i STILL avoid putting my jogging stroller in the car for that same reason! it's such a pain! i've always said having a baby makes the good days better and the bad days worse. so hopefully tomorrow will be a really good day and everything will go right!

Katie said...

I know how you feel! I hope your day got better!

megan said...

I have those days way too often. I'm sorry to hear today was rough. I looked forward to SYTYCD all day today too. Who are your favorites?

Nuestra Familia said...

Oh well Jen, you survived!! At least you got the stroller out and going, I sometimes can't even do that. And you forgot to mention that I called you while at Timmy's work and kept talking, sorry. Have a great weekend. Love ya