
I'm traveling again with Kyle soon, except this time I will be taking the big carseat and not just the travel system. So, experienced mothers out there, how do you usually fly with the carseat? Do you check it in with baggage, bring it on the plane, or check it in at the gate with the stroller? I would love your advice. I used to just bring the smaller carseat on the plane. Luckily the SA airport has a security line just for families, so that shouldn't be too bad but I've been trying to figure out what to do about the carseat.

I put the recipe for my mom's delicious chocolate chip cookies on Jenny's
cooking blog. I should have waited until after the wedding to make these. I just don't have the will power to not eat them. I even put some in the freezer so that I wouldn't snack on all of them that were out but, mmmm, do you know how good they taste frozen?? I love them even more that way! We're off to playgroup. If you have any advice about the carseat (or how to not eat cookies) please leave it!
11 comments:
After all that advice you gave me, I never ended up flying with Hayden. But I think I remember you saying you had a Britax... can't remember which one. If that's the case, I would not take it at all. Those seats are way expensive so it was worth it to me to buy a $50 one from walmart for the trip. I just didn't want it to get damaged in case I had to gate check it. Plus mine is super heavy (boulevard) and the Cosco Scenera was really light. I would still try to see if you could get an extra seat in the plane for it, so you have the option of holding him or putting him in the seat in case he gets restless. And gate check it if there wasn't room. Good luck!
What we've always done is check the carseat and it has worked out well. But make sure to put your carseat in one of the large plastic bags at the counter because it will get trashed if you don't... we learned that one the hard way:)
I don't have any advice for traveling, but funny story about cookies. I went through a break up once and didn't want to eat anything but cookies. Cookies, cookies, and more cookies. So I made some mint chocolate chip cookies and put them in the freezer and fed of them for days. It wasn't the intention, but I lost 15 pounds in like two weeks. Weird.
those cookies are killing my weight loss goals as well. my favorite is gorging myself with spoon fulls of cookie dough right out of the fridge.
okay so as for traveling...we usually check kate's carseat (make sure to put it in a plastic bag) but keep the stroller to check at the gate (we need to get an umbrella stroller, that would be way easier). the only thing is i dont know if kyle gets his own seat if they would make him sit in his carseat since he's still so small. with kate though i just strap her in the extra seat and they've never said anything. does that make sense? you might have to research that one. good luck!
Jennifer here is my expert advice :-) First bring your baby bjorn to carry Kyle in pile everythig onto the stroller including the car seat (white trash style I know but it works) then at the gate they will hopefully tell you there is an extra seat on board and you check the stroller as you are walking on to the plan and Kyle sits next to you and sleeps the whole time. Option #2 there isn't an extra seat so you check both the car seat and stroller ( I wouldn't worry about it getting beat up no one is handling it that much because it is bascially the last and first thing to come off the plane right to you) you are holding Kyle and I'm pretty sure he's having an allergic reaction to something so you have to give him benedryl.
That is fantastic about the family security line. What a genius concept. As far as the cookies go I say deliver them to people in your ward, neighbors, or take them to playgroup. I like to check Catcher's car seat. I just know that he will be better if I hold him. I do like Michelle's advice. ha ha!
Thanks for the advice everyone! Of course MY child doesn't seem to react to Benadryl. We tried it on the drive from Provo to PHX. I was so disappointed!
What we have had to do is check the carseat (and yes it counts as a piece of luggage, so be forewarned) and take the stroller with you to the terminal. You will turn it in at the gate and they will put it under the plane, then get it out and have it ready for you after the flight. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Hey Jen, I would bring his favorite snacks and his chewing phone to play with in the plane. Bring extra clothes in case a poopy explosion (just a reminder, Im sure you already know that) Sit by a woman that looks like a nice mom, not a guy, in the front part of the plane. most of the time you will sit in the front first and no one want to sit next of a baby if they want to relax during the flight. No carseat for the plane and bring your stroller to the gate. I wonder how much water you can bring for baby bottles with the security stuff? Kyle will do great! and if you need help strangers will help you because he is so cute.
for baby bottles the flight attendants have always been nice enough to fill them with warm water for me, that way I didn't have to bring my own. Also they will give you extra little snack bag things for Kyle.
Dang! I'm always putting stuff in the freezer in hopes that I won't eat them. It never works for me, either.
Post a Comment