Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Few More

    Here are a few more pics from my trip to AZ. I left my camera in TX and used my mom's. Thanks madre!
  We made a visit to see my Papa and Grandma Curtis. Unfortunately most of these pics have some crazy red eye. Here is Kyle with his Great Grandma Curtis. 
    My grandparents own a dog named Rusty. Kyle loved him! He was smiling and kicking his legs watching him. He even tried getting out of my grandma's arms to touch him. I let him get a little closer to the dog. I was quite surprised when he touched him and then he tried to eat the dog's nose!

Looks like Grandpa and Rusty have a new friend!
     The night before we left I went out to eat with Tim's fam. Meet my nephew Moose (aka Logan). He is a few weeks younger than Kyle. I hadn't seem him since Kyle's blessing, so I was so excited for them to get together. Unfortunately we had a late dinner and I think both Logan and Kyle didn't like the camera at this point.
Roger tried to distract them with his keys.
   The whole reason for the trip was to "watch" Taylor while my parents were gone. (Ok so maybe it was just a great excuse for me to come). He is so good with Kyle. I have no worries when I leave Kyle with him. What other 15 year old boy can you say that about?   When my dad saw this picture he said, "This must be an illusion. It looks like Taylor is sitting on the island." Oops. Sorry Dad! Talking about Taylor made me remember--He got his PERMIT yesterday! Watch out AZ drivers!! Ok, I'm about 99% sure he's a better driver than I was at that age, but it still freaks me out. I remember him in diapers and now he holds a permit. Scary. 
  Kyle loves being with his grandparents, and I love spending time with my parents too. Thanks so much!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

I love babies in their pajamas. They always look cute! Taylor has grown up since I saw him last year...gosh! I think he looks older than 15 now, but that is awesome that he is so good with Kyle. I don't know if I would trust Ian with something like that...

Corynn said...

I love seeing babies with dogs. I can't wait to see my Little Dude with Major. I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of "annoyed dog" pictures!

Jenny said...

kyle looks so long in that island picture with taylor! holy cow! i think i am going to be amazed next time i see him!

Jen said...

Holy cow Kyle is getting so big! I'm glad you got to go home and see your fam. Sounds like you had a great time.

kemptons said...

Living away from family is always hard but there is nothing like coming home to visit.

Jamie said...

I can't believe how big Kyle is getting! He is so cute! So about the braid, i just section of a small section in the front (about an inch back) and do a french braid. It is a little tricky and takes practice.