Monday, September 1, 2008

Slacking.

    My mom informed me that I am slacking on my blog, so I picked up the camera the last couple of days to capture some of what we've been up to. Kyle had his first play group this week. I was so excited because I love watching him play with other kids. He even got to hang out with cousin Sadie. I didn't bring my camera to that. Lugging Kyle up apartment stairs is work enough!

1. The boys finished tiling downstairs. Tim took a quick photo of the bathroom before: You can't really see it in the pic, but the flooring was stained yellow. Gross! After much hard work, we now can look at pretty tile:The tile is more brown than grey, but you'll have to picture it yourself. We hung out with Andy, Hillery and Sadie this weekend which was also fun. 

2. On Sunday I witnessed a moment that proved to me Kyle is my son. As soon as I pulled out the camera, he gave me this:      A great big smile! Growing up I LOVED to be in front of the camera. 99% of our home videos include me jumping in front of the camera (huge glasses and all) trying to get on tape. My biggest dream growing up was to be in a commercial for my dad's law firm. Give me the lime light! Unfortunately, it never happened. Fortunately for everyone else I've grown to love being behind the camera. Otherwise all these pics of Kyle would probably be of me :).
This is the closest Kyle is getting to crawling:
   He's pretty good at face planting. I don't blame him for not moving around yet. I think his arms have to get strong enough to support all that weight. 

3. Kyle loves bath time. The water really does something for his hair.



   He loves to touch the running water! 

4. Tim really liked his first week of school. On his day off we watched Arrested Development on his computer in bed.
We hope everyone had a safe holiday!

13 comments:

Nielsens said...

Yeah!!! An update :)
Great job on the tile. It looks really nice. Love the bath pics, especially the hair. One more week and you and Kyle will be here. Hip hip hooray! Thanks Tim!

Mom

Jenny said...

love the update. i love all the rolls in the bath pictures! and his hair is growing, so cute! oh and the tile looks great too! good work tim!

Noelle said...

Fun Fun....home improvement projects! I have to say, it looks much better, I'm hoping our bathroom flooring turns out as nice. :)

Gretchen said...

Cute pictures! I bet your house is going to be so adorable with all the hard work you are putting into it.

Cara Jones said...

yay for days off of school! Those are so of my favorite memories from year one of law school :-) Can't wait to see your tile all done!

Jen said...

Wow! He's so big and SO adorable!!!

megan said...

He is getting so close to crawling! Just wait he will be all over the place, getting into everything! He is getting so big and he looks so adorable in those pictures. i can't wait for him and Catch to have a play date. Great job on the tile. It is great that Tim and Andy could do that

Corynn said...

Yea for an update! Kyle is so cute with his rolls.

JONESIES said...

love the rolls and the bath pictures are my fav. I like the house update too. Good idea to have a play date too

Jeppesen Family said...

I love how you got those three pics next to eachother. Skills. How did you do that?
Be greatful Kyle's not crawling yet. That just means more work for you!
I'm excited to see you guys when you come. What's your schedule like? Let's plan something if you have time so that we can make sure and see eachother!

The Scotts said...

Way cute pictures. Summer and I, especially Summer, love being in front of the camera too. I'm glad Kyle has learned that from you. I wish Jake did even just once a month would be great. Beautiful tile!!

Hillery said...

His rolls in the tub are fabulous. Before you know it, Kyle is going to be crawling. And there's a good chance Sadie won't be walking by then, so they could be crawling buds!

Nuestra Familia said...

sweet chubby Kyle, thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys are doing great and the tile work is done. I wish I could see it in person.