Thursday, September 18, 2008

I LOVE My Life

I really, truly do. Do I love the fact that we are in school with no income? No. Do I love those digital numbers on the scale? No. Do I love cooking? No. Laundry? No. A teething baby? No. Living away from family? Watching friends and family suffer with different trials? Going to church for 3 hours when for 2 of them I am usually in the hall with an overly tired (not to mention loud) baby? No. No. No.

But I do love my life. Some days are harder than others, but I know it could always be worse. Am I really as happy as this blog portrays me to be? Yes.

It has been a little bit of a hot topic lately "why" people blog. Some people complain that others blog and make their life seem perfect because they are only blogging about happy things, thus creating a "picture perfect life." 

I blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends. My close family and friends know the trials I go through, so why put it on the internet for everyone to read? I don't think that is the right place for it. 

I blog because I love to write.
I blog because I love to take pictures and it allows me to share them.
I blog to journal.
I blog because it is fun.
I blog because it's therapeutic.
I blog for advice.
I blog when I'm bored.

Whatever reason, I think blogs are great. I love looking at your blogs. I wish people would update them more often. Especially since I'm so far away from family and old friends now.

That's it. I just had to vent. 
(I blog to vent).


15 comments:

Nuestra Familia said...

Good for you Jen, I'm glad you were able to vent a little, I love your posts because I love to see Kyle and you guys, because you make me laugh and because you are a great writer. Those pictures of Kyle and you are so cute, it's true either happy or serious face. I love him!

Jenny said...

amen to that!

Jenni said...

I completely agree with everything you said. It goes for my blog too!

Corynn said...

I have thought about why I like to blog a lot too. I blog because it really does keep me in touch with my family and friends. Not only can they see what is going on in my life - I can read their blogs and know what is going on in theirs. Plus, I think it is fun to see that other people are a lot like me and enjoy a lot of the same things. I actually think it makes people MORE human. I love it!

Noelle said...

I agree Jen. I love keeping in touch with other people through blogging, who cares if they are only telling me the great things that happen in their lives?!

Erin said...

I agree with you. I have been surprised at people saying they thought blogs where people talked about what their kids were up to were really boring. I love them, and my family really is happy (not perfect, but happy) so no one should feel bad about writing about the happy times!

Chad~Nicole said...

The blogging world is so fun. There's something for everybody. I love blogging because I'm a big journal keeper, and it's my version of a photo journal. Sometimes I get down on myself and think my blog is dumb, but then I remind myself I'm not blogging for other people...I'm blogging for me...and if other people like to read it then that just adds to the coolness.

Chelsea said...

I eighth your post and ideas. I was reading the seriouslysoblessed blog the other day and she used a line I know I have used, of which was pretty cheesy and "Look how happy I/we are" sounding. I kind of felt dumb because I know TMNT blogs to make fun of everyone. But I got over it because I agree. I am happy, and this is my source of keeping people involved in our lives being far away. So blog away and brag away! You have a cute family and deserve it!!!

megan said...

you are so right! I love reading your blog so I'm glad you enjoy writing posts. I try to update often.

Andrea said...

I don't know Jen. I really feel like u are trying to make other people feel bad by your blog. I mean, you are gorgeous - your husband is a future lawyer - your baby is adorable. I mean really, the rest of us are really suffering loss of self esteem because of you.

HAHAHAHAHA JK. U know how I feel about the issue, but then again, I'm just another dumb blonde mormon girl who really thinks her life is pretty great. oh the shame!

Amy said...

You are a good writer! This post was articulated perfectly :) I hear ya!

jes said...

i blog because my life is perfect and i want everyone to be jealous! :) obviously jk. i appreciate your honesty. we need more of that in the world. keep up the good work :)

Amber said...

well said!!!

Bjarnson Family said...

Jen you are always welcome to read my blog.

Jen said...

Great post! I need to blog more. :)