Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birth Moment

Dear Jennifer,

Happy 24! I hope Kyle is good to you this morning and takes good long naps so you can scrapbook. When I first got back from my mission all I could ever say to you is “Remember when…” I know that bothered you, so sorry, but this post has more remember whens. I remember the first birthday I got you a present and how nervous I felt. You will no doubt remember that I was too shy to actually give it to you. Instead I rang-n-ran. I hope you enjoyed that gumball machine I gave you. Another birthday memory I have with you is when I gave you the C.T.R necklace. This was a big step for me. I’ll never forget that your Dad said C.T.R was really supposed to mean “Choose Tim Ray.” I guess he was right as well. My best memory of your birthday is when I proposed to you. Nine or ten years of giving gifts to you, you’d think that I would get over being nervous but you know me better. I remember going to Red Robin, with the ring box hidden in my socks. I tried to stay cool and even made jokes about when I did propose to you how nervous I would be. That was a great birthday. I hope today is a great birthday. I hope you feel special. You deserve it. You are a great mother, wife, and friend. I am lucky to share a birthday with such a special person. You are my best friiieeend.

I love you,

Tim

20 comments:

Curtis Heyman said...

I'm not convinced Tim wrote this. I think jen wrote this to herself, pretending to be tim. Either way, Jen, have a happy bday!

your big bro

Jenni said...

aawwwe! so cute. Happy Birthday Jen!

Tim and Jennifer said...

haha Cur. He really wrote this!! Take notes and do it for CBug. It's so nice!

Ty and Tiff said...

Happy birthday Jen! I hope you have a great day! I remember the birthday that he proposed and you came back to our room and we were all shocked that he did it on your birthday! Wow that seems like forever ago! Anyway, have fun today! Miss you!

Jenny said...

aw tim that was cute! you are a lucky girl jen! happy birthday!

Anderson Adventures said...

I am going to cry... that was so sweet. Jen I hope you had the best birthday ever. We will have to postpone celebrating until christmas when we are together. I am sad because this is the first year we haven't been able to get together for birthdays. Again I hope you had an awesome day because you deserve it. Love ya.

Gretchen said...

Awwwww. So sweet!!! What a great hubby.

Anonymous said...

CUUUTE! Happy Birthday J Ray!

Chelsea said...

Way to go Tim!!

Jen Happy Birthday! :)

Amy said...

What a nice husband! Happy Birthday, hope you have a good one!

Nuestra Familia said...

Have a great day hanging out with cute Kyle! Love the letter, did Tim know you were going to write it on your blog? Oh well, it's your day you do whatever you want, Love, Ale

JONESIES said...

Happy Birthday! What a nice thought Tim! I don't even know if Matt knows we have a blog, let alone how to post on it :-)

Corynn said...

Happy Birthday Jen!

laurie said...

Hey Jen Happy Birthday!

I'm terrible with birthdays, so thanks for posting this tim so i would know!

megan said...

Very sweet! I hope your birthday really is the best ever! Well actually I don't know if it can beat getting proposed to

Andrea said...

It's too bad I'm already married...I'm in love with your husband. haha.

that was a joke, but maybe sort of sick and inappropriate.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

B Devine said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer. Way to go Tim for the cute message.

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Birthday!!! (i hope you got my message)

McKenzie said...

Tim and Jennifer! You two are the most darling couple! I feel blessed to know you! I remember when Jennifer told me about the proposal, so darling! I hope you had a great birthday!

Jen said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Jennifer!!!