What a fun week. Our Thanksgiving festivities started at about 10:00 p.m. the night before TDay. Tim and I heard a noise but brushed it off as some firework. Well, when we saw this outside our window, we knew something was up:

Apparently, so did the rest of our street. We went outside and saw three cop cars, one ambulance and a fire truck. We watched as the Paramedics checked out this handcuffed guy. Some of the neighbors stood on our driveway for the best view, but no one knew what happened. So, I introduced myself to some neighbors across the street whom we hadn't met yet with the intentions of finding out what the d.l. was as well. Here's the scoop. A drunk man came driving crazily around the corner and almost hit a basketball hoop and someone's home. A neighbor across the street and a few doors down saw the drunk driver and called the cops. He went outside (with a gun) to talk to the drunk guy. He told the drunk guy to stay put and when it appeared that the drunk was pulling something out of his car, our neighbor fired a bullet into the bottom of the car to scare the drunk (that was our "firework"). Then the drunk was wrestled to the ground by two of our neighbors ... and he might have suffered a pistol whip as well.
It really was a blessing no one was hurt, besides the drunk that deserved it. Our street usually has kids or teens outside playing, but luckily no one was out in the street at the time.
TDay morning, I finished my cooking for Thanksgiving. I made mashed potatoes, asparagus and tried to bring a little family tradition to San Antonio by making "Magic Jello" and my Grandma Curtis's famous rolls. It was my first time making rolls from scratch. Thankfully the food turned out. I'm not a fan of being in the kitchen, but it was probably good for me.

Lucky for Tim and Andy (and myself), my sister-in-law Hillery IS a fabulous cook. She's always trying new recipes and would be any man's dream wife in the kitchen. We ate Thanksgiving meal with them and Hillery had the table decorated so cute:

Tim and I felt lucky to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family. Thanks guys!




On Friday we woke up at 6:30 to go to... Toys R Us! I don't know if I have even been in that store before in my life. It was worth it!! I braved the line that was weaving in and out of the aisles while Tim and Kyle picked up the things on our list. We saved a good amount of mula, we were so happy. It was hot and disgusting in there though. After a few more stops at stores, our life went back to usual. Tim went to the library to study. That's the same place he is now and will be until Dec. 12-- the day of his last final! I'm so proud of him for working so hard. His first final is Tuesday! Wish us luck!

(He loved the jello!)

(... and even more surprising, the asparagus!)
17 comments:
I love the daddy picture! Kyle looks so cute eating his Thanksgiving dinner.
your hair looks so cute! i am liking it long!
your rolls look like they turned out great, you should be very proud of yourself for that.
okay what the heck kyle looks so old!! must be time to get together again soon!
That picture of the Dad's and babes is adorable! How fun to live by each other so that you can share holidays together. I have never gone to Toys R Us on black friday but have always wanted to. And scary about the neighborhood drunk!
I'm glad that you're all safe and that you had a great Thanksgiving. I love your hair! Please tell me it's still not falling out in truckloads...I've considered shaving my head but Clint says no.
Welcome to TEXAS where firearms are legal!!! When I had to work in Texas for 3 weeks, I would see people walking around with holsters and gun racks on their car!! I was in Coleman, the middle of no where. I loved that there was a sign on the door of a bank that had a picture of a gun with a circle and a line through it!! I took one home!!!
your crazy drunk guy story sounds like something I wouldve seen in Brazil on my mission.
Yeah the Black friday stuff was crazy! did you hear about the dude at walmart who died from shoppers running over him?
It was so nice to still celebrate Thanksgiving with family! All your food was delicious. andy is still talking about those rolls. And thanks to your idea to go shopping on Friday, we're almost done with our Christmas shopping! And thanks for watching Sadie!
Everyone look so great! We really missed having you guys in Az, but at least you weren't deciding who's family to go to. I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving with yummy food, shopping and the bad guy getting caught. Way to go Kyle eating veggies!!!
I want your rolls recipe they look so good.
Yes Jen- lets get together for lights when you're in town. We have only done it that once at the mexican place. What days will you be here?
Love the family pictures! Your shirt is really cute too, great fall colors. And way to go on the rolls... I have a fear of working with yeast but am trying to get over it:)
1. congrats on cooking thanksgiving... i contributed jello to my parents' meal. :) i'm not a fan of the kitchen either.
2. we have the same high chair!
3. ammon and i wish tim luck on his finals... the first year is hard because you don't know what to expect. just don't skip a question like ammon did on his very first final. :) the second year of law school is much better for both ammon AND me!
What a crazy story right outside your house. I'm proud of you for doing some made from scratch cooking. Since both of our familys are here I got out of cooking anything which was fabulous. Kyle is looking like he has red in his hair?!
thanks for the update and pictures, i love seeing kyle 'dig in'!
those rolls look DELISH!! yum! where can I find this recipe? All the pictures look great, and I love your new header!
Aren't you so happy you live somewhere where people can have guns! Way to go cooking up all of that food. I am proud of you.
I too am loving your new header! You are so good at scrappin it up. Glad you had family for the holiday!! Andy's little girl is so cute!
I can't believe how big he is getting! Such a cutie!!!
Post a Comment